PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The Weigh In...

Yesterday was a lazy day, I didn't take Makayla to get weighed, because we didn't even leave the house! Today we got up early, showered, got dressed, went to Tim Horton's, went to the Health Clinic, Walmart, Future Shop, Ashley Furniture, Costco...and was home by 2pm!

Makayla shopping at Costco!

So, I am not sure what to think; Makayla has actually lost weight in the last month. She has dropped from the 10th percentile to the 3rd percentile for her weight. Her height and head circumference remain at the 10th though. The nurse told me she should be gaining approximately 3oz per week...well she has LOST 5oz in the last month. After we left the Health Clinic I called her Doctors office and made an appointment for Monday. According to the nurse at the Clinic she says it's not a big deal, as long as she is still on the chart not to worry, she said if she were to drop off the chart and stay off of it for a while then they would start to worry. I don't know about that....that's why I made the appointment with our Doc!

Please cross your fingers that there is nothing *wrong* with her. It just really bothers me that she is losing weight, I mean she eats lots.....

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Thinking of you Allison. I know how hard it is not to worry about these things. I can't tell you how many things I've worried about when it comes to my kids, and, so far, it has always turned out to be nothing. I'm sure this is the same. Makayla will probably go through a growth spurt very soon, and start packing on the ounces :)

NEW MOM said...

Thanks!! I am hoping that she hits a growth spurt, it would really put my mind at ease!