PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Friday, June 11, 2010

Quick Road Trip = Meeting Long Lost Family

Yesterday my Mom, Makayla and I went to meet my Auntie (who was also adopted out) for the first time ever! It was really an amazing experience! To be honest before I met my "Aunt & Uncle" (still weird) I was unsure of what we were going to talk about, or if we would get along, or would we have anything in common. Well...it is really kind of strange because we got on so well and it feels like we have known each other forever!! My Aunt and I do have something in common, we are both artistic and very creative! We only met one of the "twin sisters", hopefully soon we can meet the other one too!

We arrived at their house around 3pm, did introductions and visited a bit. Around 5pm we decided that we would go to the Cheesecake Cafe and hopefully beat the rush hour traffic and the dinner time diners. We had an awesome meal and of course cheesecake, with great conversation...Makayla was the center of attention, my sweet little monkey!! My Aunt and Uncle were so kind to pick up the tab for dinner, what a nice surprise! We went back home and looked through family pictures on each side, it was so neat seeing how the twins grew up, see the adoptive family and their other siblings. We compared my Moms and my Aunts adoption papers and we are still unsure if they had the same Father...it is unclear; it would be so neat if they did!

We stayed up chatting, laughing and looking through pictures until 2:30am! The funny thing is, it didn't seem that late, and the time just really flew by! I guess that old saying is true "time flies when you are having fun"! We got up around 9:30am this morning, had coffee, visited, ate breakfast, visited, got ready and left to come home around 3pm. We were sent home with some really wonderful and unexpected gifts! Lets just say Makayla was spoiled, and so were we!

Well, I am off to bed now, but I just wanted to share about our amazing time meeting my Aunt & Uncle!! I can't wait until we get together again!! Next time maybe I will meet my other Aunt & Uncle and maybe some of my cousins too!

Mom, Makayla, Auntie


Uncle, Makayla, Auntie, Mom


One of their two cats, Makayla loved him!


Me, Makayla, Auntie


I rained the entire 3 hour drive there, and almost the entire way home, this was just before getting home we had a very nasty cloud above us!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

That is awesome Allison! What a wonderful story!