PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Saturday, June 19, 2010

Constipated....Again!

My poor baby girl is constipated again; it has only been two weeks since she was in the hospital. I have been doing what the Doctors suggested; no oatmeal, increasing fluids and giving high fibre fruits and veggies. Makayla was doing really well for the first week or so, pooping pretty well every day and progressively getting "softer". Well this week has been the complete opposite; she hasn't gone in four days. Two days ago she had two tiny, rock hard, rabbit pellets. Oh great...just what the Doctor told me to watch out for as that is the first sign of constipation.

This morning she was acting just like she was before I ended up taking her in last time; cranky, pushing trying to go. I took her diaper off and lo and behold there is poop once again "stuck"! The hospital had sent us home with some lube in case this happened again. I used it and encouraged my monkey to push it out. I won't get into details, cause it's nasty, but let's just say I "helped" her get a rather large, rock hard piece out. Tonight, again, she was pushing and whining, so I did it again; another large hard piece. I am really hoping that tomorrow she can have a normal bowel movement!

Oh the things that I NEVER would have imagined doing almost seem "normal" once I became a mother. What can I say I love it! Ummmm...being a Mom, not "helping" Makayla poop...just to clarify. Hahaha...

No comments: