PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Wednesday, April 28, 2010

6 Month Vaccines

Well six months is fast approaching and we went for the 6 months shots today! Surprisingly Makayla did really well; with a shot in each leg, the first she only made a little peep and the second she cried for about ten seconds, but nurse was able to distract her fairly quickly with a rattle.


Makayla is below the 10th percentile; but the nurse assured me not to worry, she said that everything is in proportion and maybe she is just going to be a "little girl". That statement doesn't really make me feel any better about it though to be honest. I am not worried about her size, more curious than anything, it makes one wonder why she is so small and not growing....

I have decided we might start rice cereal soon. Makayla has strictly been on breast milk, I have never supplemented her with formula. I have noticed in the past month or so that her intake is increasing (especially at night) as well as her interest in my food. She is very keen on grabbing a hold of my plate or reaching for my food, including my beverages - hot or cold! Now, these "beverages" have not included any with alcohol in well over a year...just a little taste might be nice!

3 comments:

Jaimee said...

Honestly don't worry about it. Jordan has been in the 25% since he was born. He is just a skinny little guy. I would start the cereal though. She sounds ready and she is 6 months. I wanted to wait until 6 months with Jordan but his intake went way up at 5 months so I started then.

Alexandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexandra said...

Yes. Try not to worry Allison. I know, I know...worrying is what mom's do best :)

You are doing such an great job!! Strictly breast milk for the first 6 months?! That is the way to go!! Stella had already had marshmellows and cheerios at 5 1/2 months (only thanks to her big sister :/ ). You might find Makayla starts sleeping better now with a little rice cereal in her tummy.