PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Monday, October 04, 2010

A Potato For Me, A Potato For You

Within the last few weeks Makayla has really started to increase her intake of food, which is a good thing, maybe she will start growing. She is still on pureed baby food (she only has two teeth), but she is also eating the 12 month jars which is quite chunky and there seems to be a lot of pasta ones, which she really enjoys! About two months ago Makayla tried mashed potatoes for the first time right off of my plate including the gravy, which she loved.

Tonight Makayla and I joined my Mom at Swiss Chalet for dinner and I ordered Makayla her very own plate of mashed potatoes. It is the first time I have actually ordered my little girl something of her own off the menu, usually I will just give her some of mine. WOW she is growing up! She did really well, probably ate about half of it, along with some baby food (prunes) and a few pieces of chicken. I think she likes Swiss Chalet!

Last night we joined my Dad and Sylvia for supper. Makayla did an awesome job over there too! She ate lots of Sylvia's yummy pasta, some baby food veggies and finished off her meal by eating two whole slices of homemade canned peaches! It may not sound like a lot, but for her tiny self it really is.

We finished today off by doing a little shopping at Babies R Us. I have been letting Makayla eat off the tray of the restaurant highchair (if it has one) or off the table, and every time I just cringe thinking about all the germs! I had seen this place mat when I was pregnant and it was actually on my registry for the baby shower, but we didn't receive it, so today I went and bought it!! Now I can worry about one less thing...

No comments: