PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Friday, May 14, 2010

Life Can Change In The Blink Of An Eye - Part 2

I have had a few life lessons in the last little while, here is the first.

Earlier this week my Mom told me that she hadn't been feeling well for about four days; she has got high blood pressure and is on medication (which she doesn't always take properly) and I figured it was just that acting up. On Wednesday she came over for my Graffiti party, and just walking from our street to our front door she was completely out of breath, she stood at the bottom of the stairs to catch her breath, walked up our stairs and again was completely out of breath. Later in the evening she was mixing up her sentences and slurring her words, by the time she got home the left side of her face was feeling a little numb. NOT NORMAL...sounds like a stroke!

She had already booked an appointment for yesterday (Thursday) with her Doctor. When she arrived at the clinic she explained to him what had happened on Wednesday and he sent her for a ECG. She walked through the hospital to the other side for the test, all along the way having to stop and catch her breath, had the test , then walked all the way back to the clinic on the other side of the hospital. When she handed the Doctor the results he told her to sit in a wheel chair and said that she was going to the ER immediately.

My Mom then called me to let me know, as I was changing Makayla's bum I missed the call and received a message on my cell "Um....it's Mom, I am going to the emergency room right now...uhhh...I guess I'll talk to you later" I had no idea what was going on....FYI don't leave a message like this...EVER!!!!

It turns out that she has a 2nd to 3rd degree AV Node Heart Block and requires a pacemaker. She has been placed on bed rest and we will find out more in a few days!

No comments: