PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Saturday, May 08, 2010

Mmmmmm Carrots!

A few days have passed and Makayla had no reaction to the rice cereal, so we could introduce something else! On Thursday Makayla tried carrots for the first time. She didn't like them too much, but she also had them yesterday and today; she seems to quite enjoy them now! More big news about today...this was Daddy's first time EVER feeding Makayla, as she has only ever been breastfeed, and I don't pump so he has never fed her a bottle, and because he works during the day I have been feeding her the rice cereal and carrots up until today! Go Daddy!!

I just love her tiny hands!

Give me some more Daddy!

Mmmmmmm

A little side note about rice cereal - I called the health clinic yesterday because Makayla hasn't pooped since starting it, the nurse told me that it contains no fibre at all and it totally plugs babies up, especially if they have only ever breastfeed. She said that you should only feed rice cereal for a few days to see if your baby has a reaction to it, basically to find out if they are allergic to grains, the to switch to oatmeal or barley cereal. So next we will introduce oatmeal.

Yesterday I also introduced Makayla to a sippy cup; this was her first time drinking water and it seems as though she isn't really into it!

No comments: