PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Friday, May 28, 2010

Bye Bye Boob (Kinda....)

On Tuesday I took Makayla and had her weighed; a whopping 13lbs, 11oz. So in the last two and a half weeks she has only gained 8oz, not much, but better than not gaining anything like the two weeks previous. As per the Doctors instructions at her 6 month appointment, for the last few weeks I have been trying different powdered formulas, they all taste NASTY...like chemicals. The other night I had to run to the post office which is inside Shoppers so I grabbed a can of the liquid concentrated formula. I mixed up two ounces and after 10 minutes of screaming and whipping her head back and forth she actually drank it!!!!! Last night she ate a whole 4 ounces!! Good going little lady! I guess I am going to have to buy the pre-mixed, and guess what...it doesn't taste like chemicals, strange! I am still breastfeeding as well, but I am trying to give her a bottle at bedtime in hopes that she will sleep through the night (that's a whole other story)!

No comments: