PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Thursday, January 14, 2010

First Child

This past November my life changed for the better, I gave birth to my first child! Makayla, a healthy 7lb, 1oz baby girl! I thought I knew what "love at first sight" meant, well let me tell you, I had no concept or idea of how powerful that statement could actually be until the doctors placed my daughter on my chest...right then and there I understood!

The first few weeks were difficult, between the healing from childbirth and no sleep, but soon I was feeling better, and we had settled into a "routine" or as much of a routine that you can achieve with a newborn. By about four weeks she was sleeping through the night (7 hours or so)...I have been told by many that I am "lucky"!

She is now just over two months old, and I can't imagine my life without her. It is amazing how by just looking at her can brighten my day, and how quickly she is growing and changing. Actually I have already had to put away her newborn sleepers, and yes, I shed a few tears...

Well she is calling me, time to go feed her, then bed for both of us I think!

No comments: