PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Friday, January 22, 2010

Food Allergy?

Oh the joys of motherhood - too much information continues....Makayla's diarrhea has lasted now for about a week, and the last three days it has actually changed color, "grass green" is now the color exploding from her diapers! So today I finally let the paranoid side of me kick in (only took a week), called the Doctor, and away we went. Apparently (for any mothers wondering) green poop doesn't mean a thing. According to the Doctor, brown, green, yellow or orange are all fine, as long as there is no blood. However he was concerned because Makayla has got mucus in her stool...she has always had that, which really bothers me now. Anyway, he thinks that she may have a food allergy, and the most common is dairy. So because I breastfeed, that means no more dairy for Mommy! Good thing I bought a whole case of yogurt last night! We shall see what this next week brings without dairy, hopefully the hue will return to a "mustard yellow"!

No comments: