PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Monday, July 12, 2010

My Birthday Weekend!

Ever since Clint and I started dating we have kind of made it a tradition that we make our way to Calgary for the weekend and spend time with Auntie Cindy and also go to the Stampede! This year Clint was away at work and wasn't scheduled to be back home until two weeks after my birthday, but he decided to take two days off so that we could continue our tradition! It was really nice to have him around (even though he was actually gone back to work before my actual birthday). He worked on Friday then drove home (6 hours); we then continued to Calgary (3 hours) and got there around midnight! On Saturday morning Clint and Makayla approached me while I was still in bed and gave me two gifts and two cards! I told them it wasn't my birthday yet but Clint insisted that I opened the gifts then, so I did!! First I opened the most wonderful cards from both of them! I actually had tears in my eyes reading the card from Clint...he didn't even write it, but to think that he would pick such a card melted my heart! And well, the one from Makayla just made my day!


Real love is more than beautiful flowers and sweet words, more than candlelight dinners or romantic walks in the park. Real love is understanding through the difficult times, caring past the disagreements. It's laughing together when things are good or laughing together to keep from crying when things couldn't seem to go more wrong. Real love shows compassion and compromise...and forgives and forgives and forgives. Real love is everything we share together. Because to me, real love is, and always will be, you.




Next I opened the smaller of the two gifts; instantly I knew what the other gift was. The first was a camera case....so this meant that the second one was a video camera!! As soon as I got pregnant I said that I wanted to get one, but it was the last thing on our list of priorities and we definitely could not afford it. What a wonderful gift!! Now I can capture all these precious moments that are all passing by much too quickly. Love you Makayla and Daddy!

The weekend was great, rushed, but great all the same. Stampede was Stampede, good as always! Even thought it pretty well rained all day! Oh well...we made the best of it. I had bought a rain cover for the stroller the night before we left home, we had umbrella's and took shelter when it came down really hard. We enjoyed the acrobatic ice show, the rides, the food and of course the exhibits! Auntie Cindy even bought me a set of sheets for my birthday!

Mommy and Makayla

Makayla taking cover while Daddy and Auntie are on that ride

Rock 'N' Roll Baby...at the ice show!

Sunday, yesterday, we drove home and Clint continued back to work as he had to work today! Today is my birthday, Happy Birthday to me!! Wow, I am 28 today! Where is time going....?

No comments: