PLEASE ASK:

No published work, including print and digital media from MY LIFE - A NEW MOM is to be reproduced without prior written permission from the Author. If you are interested in using one of my pictures or information feel free to email me at a_parker12 AT hotmail DOT com




Thursday, July 08, 2010

Happy Early Birthday To Me

My birthday is on Monday, but last night my friend Mandy took me to Jubilations to see Greased. It was a really great show based on the musical Grease! When ever it is your birthday they stick a sparkler in your dessert and ask you up on stage to announce your name and how old you are and to do this stupid dance; I have done this before and I don't like it! Anyway, Mandy asked our waitress if she could get the seagull (the mascot for the show) to come over and sing to me...I told our waitress that I was NOT going on stage, she said that was fine. Then another waiter came over and asked to see my ID, this happened to me two years ago and when I handed it over they said I wasn't getting it back until after I went on stage and danced, so I wouldn't hand it over this time. He said that I could either go on stage and dance or he would cause me "a world of embarrassment" over at our table. I chose to not go on stage! About 5 minutes later I saw the seagull walking over to our table...oh great, well he starts squawking like a bird and yelling "can I get your attention over here", then he proceeds to say that I am to shy and won't go on stage, that it's my birthday and everyone should sing to me...keep in mind there is something like 500 people now staring at me! They all sang! Oh, and the lovely waiter who said he would cause me a world of embarrassment was going on and on about how I had a nasty rash that won't go away, that it is so red and oozing puss, and that it smells....I guess he followed through with his threat! I learnt my lesson; next time I dance!

The seagull singing to me...along with 500 other people!

No comments: